Parent Notes

Parent Notes--
Our last day of preschool will be May 14th. Tuition for May will be $50.00 Thanks!

May Calendar:
4th-7th: Letter Y
11th-14th: Letter Z




Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Elephant Eggs?

Theme:  Letter "E".  We practiced the sign and 2 sounds of letter "E".  We explored many things that begin with "E".

Choosing Time:  Duplos, Elephants, Little People Village,..

Questions of the Week:  Do you like elephants? Do you like to eat eggs? (My favorite response:  "I like them if they are cooked, but not with the shell on.")

Show & Tell:  With a short week, I nearly missed our fun show & tell.  Thank you Charlotte for bringing an Easter Egg filled with chocolate chips to share with Everyone!  And, thank you to all for the cute items sent!

Books:

 Elmer and the Lost Teddy

Music & Movement:
  • Green Eggs & Ham
  • 10 Exercises
  • Elephant
  • Letter "E"
  • Dinosaur Stomp
Game:  "Egg" Toss

Science:
  • Eggs:  I showed them a fake egg that shows the yolk and the clear whitish fluid inside the shell of an egg.  We looked at a few different real eggs (one brown, one pink, one white).  I asked them if they thought all eggs were the same inside or not.  I explained that they are all the same inside even if the shells are different.
  • Electricity:  I tried to use an electricity kit to show how currents work...I thought I could do it without the help from my older son.  I was wrong...so next week we will successfully have some fun with electricity.
Math/Sequencing:  We practiced the concept of smallest, small, big, bigger,,, biggest by using magnetic elephants.

Writing:  We practiced letter "B/b".  We also received an Envelope with our names inside.  We practiced writing our names like they were written in our envelopes.

Snacks:  We nibbled on some Great Energy Food!
  • Cheese, Teddy Grahams, & Watermelon
  • Granola Bars & Carrots

Art:
  • "E/e" Elephants
  • We painted some Egg cartons in preparation for a spooky witch which we will finish next week

No comments:

Post a Comment